Friday, 4 August 2017

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 31ST OF 2017

Good Morning lovely people, I hope I find you well, tis Friday so time to sit back and look at the positives that make up our week as its time for


So a couple of answers and notes from last week's post.

First up a massive thank you to Lisca, for her offer of helping me out of my mental fog - it really made me smile - you are an absolute sweetie!

What is the Elzas way of eating sauerkraut Lisca - me and hubby are intrigued!

The brain training app is an Android app Lisca it is called Peak and it is free - you can buy an upgrade to unlock all the games, but I've been using it for over a year on the free version and I love it (I've recently got hubby and said 16 year old playing it and they love it too).

Kate - I took your advice on the tonic front (see the post later on).

Friday 

So Friday was my first official day off since I've dropped my hours back to 21 hours on job number one and I have to say it was lovely to actually have hours to spend how I fancied.  This included dropping said 16 year old off to meet up with a school friend, then off to see my Mum on his return for a cuppa and a catch up.  It was lovely not to have to be anywhere and do anything.  Then my sister popped over in the afternoon and we had cups of coffee and more nattering, which is most definitely good for the soul.

A not very productive Friday but a very much needed Friday if I'm brutally honest.

Now I have an additional positive from Friday to clock a lovely friend of mine on Facebook shared a post, there are always loads of shared posts as you know on facebook, but this one really struck a chord (those that read last week's post will know why).  So for those that fancy a lengthy read - this one here about the neuroscience of happiness is well worth a read (but grab a cuppa first) - it literally reset my brain switch on Friday morning and really made a difference to my outlook and so I will be eternally grateful for getting that message on a morning when I really did need the refocus!

Saturday 

So said 16 year old went off to work (bless him), he hadn't been very well on Friday night and definitely didn't fancy going in on Saturday morning as he said he still felt rough, however, trying to instill a good work ethic, we encouraged him to go and let work know he wasn't 100% and if he really wasn't well enough to work, they would send him home.  He did this and managed for the day, he was actually pricing Christmas stock all day (9 pallets), so the work wasn't too strenuous.

We set to on the never ending garden project (oh please let it be done soon, there will be Christmas stock in the shops before I get chance to enjoy the garden LOL).

Hubby worked solidly all day, putting three panels in the new outdoor shelter, including putting in the garden mirror (more like a circus mirror due to the deviations in the acrylic - but it reflects the light which is the most important thing).  I on the other hand painted trellis - I painted and I painted and I painted and it never really seemed to be done.  We then set to taking out an old raised bed we had in the garden ready for the fencing on Sunday - sigh - another very long very very full day.   We were both pretty broken at the end of it, but we could see something for our efforts which is nice as that doesn't always happen!

Hubby collected said 16 year from work and came home and my next grateful is said 16 year old; after tea me and hubby were heading to the DIY centre to pick up items for Sunday and said 16 year old volunteered to go with him and sort, which was brilliant because at this point I was fairly broken - very very dirty and fairly broken, so a soothing shower and clean PJ's and I felt almost human again.

Sunday 

Another early start for all of us (said 16 year old at work again).  So we started on the garden doing a small fence piece under the hedge (and I was painting trellis again).  You'll be pleased to know that it was done and dusted by lunch time, so we managed to shower and then head out and look at pots for the garden and just chill out for a bit, hopefully we will continue to make daily progress on the garden which will be awesome and then it will be done soon enough (well fingers and toes crossed it will).

Kate mentioned on last Friday's post, given my mental fog that I should perhaps seek out a tonic - I'm not sure Kate meant this kind of tonic, but it definitely helped!


Monday 

Well I'd arranged to work from home for my main job for this week to try and get top side of things following my annual leave a couple of weeks ago, it simply hasn't been possible to get to the bottom of the email box let alone anything else.  This meant that hubby could go into work and I could dash out for 20 minutes to drop said 16 year old on his NCS adventure.  He's been at a youth hostel all week, abseiling, climbing, bouldering and walking up to now, we've had very little in the way of communication from him, so we are assuming this means that he has been having fun! 

Grateful that the post lady arrived just before I set off to drop said 16 year old off, she had a huge parcel of photos for me - so giddy, not had a photo order in ages, it might get me scrapbooking again - yay!!!!

We also managed to do a little bit of work on the garden on Monday evening, given that the weather was reasonable.  Hubby made a planter with some of the spare decking and I painted the new fence up.  

I've even managed some reading of my illustrated Harry Potter books this week, they really are beautiful if not a little heavy, although I stopped one evening as the light was dwindling and I didn't want to put the main light on, I saw an instagram post I did in the winter which had the little book light on - I really must find them out again! 


Tuesday 

Another busy work day, but we managed to go food shopping in the evening, hubby did an amazing steak tea which was lovely.   

Grateful that Amazon delivered my new phone wire, my old one had got rather dangerous with exposed metal so I've been juggling one wire between two different chargers.  

Well the weather wasn't good enough to do any more work on the garden without having to dodge the raindrops, so Tuesday evening once we'd eaten we headed out to get some bags of slate and saw this gorgeous rainbow!



Once we got home, we settled down to watch Celebrity Big Brother which has started.  We didn't manage the normal series this year as we went away on holiday, but this one isn't too long and is usually a giggle so we watched a bit before heading up to bed.

Wednesday 

Another busy work day and hubby on a late, so it was nice to get up a bit later, with alarms going off at 7.30am rather than 6am.  It made for a more leisurely start to the day.  I eventually managed to finish late afternoon and my sister popped over for a catch up which was great.  We had plenty of tea and chatted until hubby finally reappeared around 7.30, she stayed for a final drink before heading off home.  We had tea of salmon and panzanella, which was mighty filling and then headed through to the TV room. 

Said 16 year old briefly contacted us to say he is making loads of new friends, which is brilliant because that's what we were hoping for. 

Thursday 

Another strange April shower type day (to say we are in August this is a little mad).  I was at my other job today and had lots to do, so grateful that I managed to get it done in the time.  One of my colleagues at work, brought around a small bowl of fruit for everyone to have after their lunch.  She's been off poorly with a broken arm recently - ooh how we've missed her!  


Plans for this evening (yes I'm typing this on Thursday evening) are to go out for a meal and celebrate 27 years (tomorrow) of us being together, where does the time go? 

I hope you've all had a grand weekend, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, please mention us in your post, you never know we might get a few more Rockers/Rockettes join in and then come back and link up so we can come and visit!


7 comments:

  1. Not sure how you pack so much into a busy working week... hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started putting the logo back in my post - if people click on it it should come straight here :) I hope so.

    I always feel knackered reading your posts, even your supposedly less work weeks. Blimey you make up for it in other ways. Your garden is going to be so worth the effort but I can imagine what bliss that shower and pj's was after all that.

    I downloaded the app too after you mentioned it last week, I really like it so thank you :)

    I must admit I am loving this cooler weather - my Dad scared me a bit when he said we were forecast the hottest weather in History during August, I don't know what I would have done had he been right!

    I hope you continue to be happier and have a good week this week too Virginia.

    Big love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly put some hours in on that garden. I hope you are very happy with the end result!
    I smiled at the tonic. Not quite what I had in mind, but if it did you good....!
    I think juggling two jobs must be quite stressful. A chill and chat day like Friday sounds like a good idea.
    Your lad is a gem. Glad he's had a good week away.
    I may be AWOL next week, but I'll be back soon. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also really enjoyed reading this and I too am a bit in awe of how much you managed to fit in to just a week. I am going to try and take a leaf out of your book this week and get more done! Might even try to find some gratefuls and positives to join in with the rocking your world Friday! Hope you have a good week and thanks for the couple of much needed catch ups this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry I forgot to mention you again in my post (and I usually provide a link too). Carmen has put your logo in her post. That is a good idea, I would like to do that too but will have to find out how to do that.
    Well, thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction for that brain training game. I have downloaded it and have done my assessment. I used to play a game called Luminosity on computer (the free versión) but since I have a new computer I haven't got it anymore. I really do need to train my memory in particular as I forget lots of things and it seems to be getting worse!
    About the sauerkraut... I will write down the récipe separately as I will have to do it off the top of my head.
    Thank you for the link of that article on happiness. It's very good.I have a husband that practices just that (without having read the article). He is known around here as 'the big hugger'. It embarrases me sometimes but everyone seems to like it. The gratitude thing is routine for us as we pray every evening and thank The Lord for everything by name. Count your blessings as they say. That's what we do. I also practice the 'Good enough' principle. I try not to be fussy. If it's good enough, it will do. I've never done the naming the emotion, so that's one I have learnt here. All in all a very good article. Thanks.
    The garden sounds like it is coming on, but what a lot of work. You will be glad when it is all done and you can sit in the garden with your feet up in stead of working working working. Not long now by the sounds of it.
    I smiled at the G&T and also at the Harry Potter illustrated book. That looks super good.
    Said 16 yr old seems to be enjoying himself. I asume his job is just for the weekend....
    It's so good that you have reduced your hours a bit and can enjoy more time on a Friday. Well done.
    Great to receive a photo pack! I have one waiting for me in the UK. I have sent off for 100 potos, when Albelli became Bonus Print. So I will be looking forward to some scrapbooking too. I have chosen the photos with scrapbooking in mind. Watch this space!
    I'm glad you are feeling a bit happier. Anyway, the invitation still stands of course, any time, fog or no fog.
    Have a fab weekend and a good week ahead.
    Hugs,(Yep, I know they don't count..)
    Lisca


    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you sounding so much more relaxed this week :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always seem to manage to fit so much into your weeks.
    Have a super week.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete