Friday, 30 May 2014

WEAR CRAFTS 12 PLEDGES KIT FOR MAY 2014 - OPTIMISM

Good evening all and it's my turn to kick off the layouts using the absolutely gorgeous Optimism Pledge kit from Jen at Wear Crafts, I had sooooooooooooooo much fun with this kit - I mean - so much fun!  It is a veritable feast of pastels, which are not my normal choice in papers and do you know what it was lovely to work out of the norm - I managed 7 layouts in total from the kit with a couple of sheets of white cardstock added.

This page is where I started - I know I know, not much of the paper in this layout, but it's sooooo lush I wanted to squeeze every ounce of of this kit!  I cut some scalloped circles and then folded them in, this was easier said than done but I was impressed with the finish.  I used a pale pink stamp on the background and a mask and then set to work.

The Carpe Diem sentiment came off the bottom strip of the paper - you know the one that you normally cut off! A bit of hand journalling at it was done.  The photo from a recent walk we did, blue skies and nattering with family - nothing finer!


Up close you can see the folded scallops - they do look pretty don't they!


I'll also share with you my next layout, now I have to admit to being very influenced this month by quilting patterns, I love the overall effect you get when using fabrics and I thought why not on paper too.  This one I've cut 2" squares, scored the backing cardstock with a 1/2" dry embossing line and then distressed each of the squares.  The photo documents a rather wet day at Chatsworth checking out some eclectic sculptures that were on display!


I also cut the Carpe Diem sentiment from one of the sheets, mounted it up on foam pads.  Added the wooden cloud (just to remind us how wet the day was).  I then punched two hearts out, stuck them together with foam pads and tied a little bit of organza ribbon around it.  I used one of the squares for a journalling block.

If you want to get your hands on one of these beautiful kits (and I suggest you act quickly because they have sold out like hot cakes this year - not surprising given the gorgeous papers and the fact that the kits retail at £5) then click here to head over to the Wear Crafts website.  Jen also normally does a couple of add on kits for those that want more (and why would you not want more of this).

So head over to the Wear Crafts website and grab yourself a bargain, you won't be disappointed.

Want to see the versatility of the kit, then head over to Lesley's blog tomorrow to see what she's been creating with the same kit.  I'll be sharing more on Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. well i don't know where my first comment went... disappeared into the ether I thing when I pressed the wrong button... lovely work as ever... and it is actually the Be Optimistic pledge you are right... but I got carried away with Carpe Diem and... well you know what I am like... I have a few main kits left but no add on kits left... I have one or two of the extra papers left... thanks for all your hard work Virginia, jenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LOs Virginia and I love the effect of those folded scalloped circles.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete